A while back we reviewed a great pair of pants made by Vancouver company dish & DU/ER – their ‘No Sweat Pant’. The No Sweat Pants finished a very successful Kickstarter campaign that raised over $200,000 and introduced a proprietary fabric, Nature2X.
Now, dish & DU/ER is back with a new Kickstarter to bring to market ‘The Best Hot Weather Pants Ever’.
These are the next evolution of the No Sweat Pants and are made from even lighter material. They come with lots of extra features like hidden vents and secret pockets that make them great for travel.
I received an early prototype and, similar to the No Sweat Pants, I am very impressed with the pants. They are professional enough for me to wear into the office, but are way more comfortable than any dress pant I’ve ever worn.
The pants come in 6 styles, and have some unique features, including:
- Security Pocket – Integrated back pocket security flap to keep valuables safe an inhibit pickpocketing.
- Key Ring – Convenient D-Ring secured to belt loop to hold a carabiner.
- Wicking Pockets – Moisture wicking pocket bag fabric that compliments the natural cooling properties of the main fabric.
- Venting – Invisible, zippered mesh-lined thigh vents.
- Seat Gusset – Signature DUER gusset for increased mobility.
- Hidden Pocket – Hidden credit card pocket for being on the go.
- Adjustable Hem – Adjustable elastic hem with button snap
As the name suggests – the pants are designed to keep you cool on hot days. The moisture wicking pockets and thigh vents help with cooling, but the main material does most of the work in this regard. As the Kickstarter page says:
The Live Lite collection is made of the brand new proprietary fabric T2X. This natural fabric is made from 4 different fibres to create a high-stretch, ultra-lightweight solution engineered to keep you comfortable and cool. These fibres interact with each other in a way that promotes the various beneficial properties of each, while offsetting their individual weaknesses. The TENCEL®, content absorbs moisture away from the skin and into the fabric fibres is perfect for hot temperatures, and is also a natural bacteria repellant that prevents bacteria from rapid growth. This allows for the pants to be worn your entire trip without any accompanying smell.
Head over to the Kickstarter page and check out the video they have explaining all the features. You still have some time to back the project itself.
dish & DU/ER have a flagship store on Hastings if you’re in the area. You can always drop in to get a sense of just how stretchy and comfortable the material really is.