Summertime is all about getting outside and spending time with friends and family. With many of the laid-back summer outdoor activities, it’s nice to have some chilled drinks at hand.
The IceMule Classic portable cooler bag is a great piece of gear for these activities, from camping to paddleboarding.
The IceMule is lightweight and rolls up when not in use, making it easy to store. Yet it’s durable and sturdy enough to withstand any outing into the outdoors.
Ultimately, the IceMule has one job – to keep your drinks cold. It does that job well and is able to keep drinks ice-cold for 24 hours.
The IceMule Classic cooler bag is a piece of gear we’ve been very impressed with and have been personally using it on the lake while stand up paddleboarding, but have also brought it along car camping.
The IceMule Classic has a nice set of features that make it stand apart from your standard cooler.
- Waterproof – The IceMule Classic doesn’t have any zippers, and features welded seams. It even floats, which is why we’ve been enjoying it so much for paddleboarding. The top of the bag has a snap-buckle to create an air-tight seal.
- Different sizes – The IceMule Classic comes in four different sizes. Mini (9L), Small (10L), Medium (15L), and Large (20L). We’ve been using the Medium, and find it can comfortably hold about 12 cans.
- Materials – The IceMule is made from proprietary and durable materials. The exterior Fabric is IceMule’s trademarked MuleSkinET, which is designed to be sturdy and rugged. The interior later, the MuleSkinEV, is designed for maximum ice retention. In between, the IceMule has a unique PolarLayer Insulation foam to keep ice cold for about 24 hours.
- AirValve – IceMule deploys an air valve so you can inflate the bag to increase its insulating capability, or deflate it if you need more space to carry more beverages. The bag then fully deflates for storage, which is a great space-saving feature.
- Removable shoulder strap – makes carrying the IceMule nice and easy, and frees your hands to carry other gear. Transporting the IceMule Classic is a snap compared to your traditional plastic cooler.
Overall the IceMule seems fairly simple. It does one thing and it does it well. It keeps your drinks cold and makes it easy to get them out with you on your adventures.
But for something that looks simple in design, it is very well engineered and thought out. It is rugged, durable and doesn’t have any extra features that detract from its main function. It’s a great cooler, and one we’ll use a lot over the summer!
The IceMule Classic is available locally at SportChek