If you’re a trailrunner, you’ve undoubtedly heard of the BC Ultra Trailrunning Series. “The BCUTS is a series of 8 ultramarathon trail races held between March and September, in Canada’s westernmost province.”
There is a scoring system for those who place top 9 for their age group in any 3 of the races in the series.
Two of the races , the Dirty Duo and the Diez Vista, have already happened for this year, and there are 6 races remaining.
The races are:
- Dirty Duo 5oKm, North Vancouver
- Diez Vista 50Km, Port Moody
- Elk/Beaver Ultras 50Km – 50Mi – 100Km, Victoria
- Scorched Sole 50Km – 50Mi, Kelowna
- Knee Knackering North Shore Trail Run, West Vancouver
- STORMY – 50 and 100 miles, Squamish
- Walk In The Park 50Km, Kamloops
- Frosty Mountain 50Km, Manning Park
If you want to get a taste of what ultra trail running is about you can check out the ‘Unofficial’ Knee Knacker training runs, which take place every Wednesday now until the race. Anyone is welcome to join.