It’s the end of the week and the end of the month (almost). This marks the 600th post on Outdoor Vancouver so I’d just like to say a quick thank you to everyone who reads the blog, comments and submits photos into the Flickr group.
You may have noticed this month I added a new page to the site (above, below the header), called Trail Guides. I’ve set the page up so everyone can easily access all the trail guides I’ve created over the years. They include hike stats (like distance, elevation, etc), photos, a detailed description, directions, and the newer ones have GPS coords. Before heading out on a hike be sure to check it out. I plan on adding quite a few more trails over the coming months (and years) so check back for updates.
Be sure to check out the Events Calendar to see what great outdoor events are on tap for May, but before you do that here’s a look back at some of the popular posts from April. You’ll also find the regular Friday Links below. Good luck to all in the Vancouver Marathon this weekend!
- Some great news that a trail Adoption Plan was launched on the North Shore by NSMBA.
- I posted a new trail guide for Norvan Falls.
- A certain dictator vented his disgust about the downtown bike lanes.
- We looked at the BC Ultra Trail Running Series.
- We looked at a great book and free online resource called BC Car-Free.
- I posted about My favorite spring gear.
Latest posts by Karl W (see all)
- Hiking Elfin Lakes Trail in Garibaldi Provincial Park - Jan 23rd, 2015
- Talking about the Hanes Valley Trail on CBC - Jan 8th, 2015
- Hiking Big Cedar Trail and Kennedy Falls in North Vancouver - Dec 27th, 2014